Kettering Cancer & Blood Specialists specialize in Oncology and Hematology in Dayton, Ohio, and the surrounding communities. To ensure comprehensive care, we provide the following services:
- Medical Visits: We make every effort to be adaptable to your needs and schedules by providing timely appointments and individualized treatment plans. In addition, we partner with you in your healthcare needs.
- Infusion Clinic: Our infusion clinic provides chemotherapy treatment, biotherapy treatments, hydration and iron IV therapy. Our Oncology nursing staff will provide you with the education, consultation and expertise you need and deserve during your treatments and care at our practice.
- Laboratory: Our independent in-house laboratory provides our patients a convenient way to receive the laboratory tests that are needed at your visits to help monitor your progress and status.
- One-on-one Patient Education: Our physicians and nurses provide you with one-on-one patient education and are committed to taking the time you need to help you understand your diagnosis, treatment options and answer any questions you may have about your care and treatment plan.
- Resources: Our staff is dedicated in helping our patients find and access the resources and support they need to help manage their diagnosis, treatment and quality of life while at our practice and during their treatment process.
- Clinical Trials: Participation in clinical trials is available and encouraged. Our physicians and staff will help navigate you through your clinical trial options and the process of entering a clinical trial.
- Care: Our physicians are able to follow your care at most major hospital facilities in the Dayton area.
- Integrative Oncology Services: Integrative Medicine is healing oriented and takes into account the whole person (body, mind, and spirit) as well as all aspects of life. It emphasizes supporting the body in its entirety using appropriate therapies, both conventional and complementary.
The moment you are diagnosed your world is turned upside down. Along the way, you’ll encounter both physical and emotional challenges, but you don’t have to face them alone. The Integrative Oncology Services here at Kettering Cancer & Blood Specialists are here to help you and your loved ones through this challenging time. These services include the following:
- Supportive Counseling Services: provides psychosocial and emotional support to cancer patients and their loved ones. Each patient deals with cancer differently and many people find it helpful to take advantage of these services to maximize their ability to cope with a cancer diagnosis and treatment. Some of the side effects you may experience from cancer and treatment, such as pain, poor sleep and fatigue, can be intensified if you are also experiencing emotional symptoms as well. Often counseling can help you better cope with these symptoms. The Supportive Counseling program is also available to assist patients and families with navigating both local and national resources to provide support and assistance for needs that may arise during treatment.
- Nutritional Specialist Services: Health and disease are the result of an interaction between genes and lifestyle (diet, physical activity, sleep, stress, quality of relationships, and so on). Lifestyle choices may influence cancer risk, rate of healing from cancer, and recurrence rate. By becoming an active part in the healing process, our goal is to increase your body’s strength and ability to adapt to therapies by utilizing a whole foods diet, encouraging healthy lifestyle choices, and teaching you how to maintain a sense of wellness and balance by using nutrition.
Ask your physician or a staff member to assist you in scheduling an appointment for Integrative Oncology Services.