The practice accepts insurance providers that cover Kettering Health Network physicians and practices. To learn more about the bariatric procedures we offer, or to ask questions, please contact our office at 937-439-4145. Dayton Bariatric Surgery Center is located at 7740 Washington Village Drive, Suite 110, in Dayton, Ohio.
What To Expect Before Weight Loss Surgery
- All patients are required to attend a FREE informational session prior to undergoing a weight-loss surgery. This helps assure that patients are aware of the risks and benefits associated with the procedures our doctors perform. One of our surgeons attends these information sessions to answer questions you may have. Next, you will meet with the surgeon one-on-one to discuss your personal and family history. This is a great opportunity to get to know your surgeon. Based on this discussion, he will make a recommendation for the procedure that best suits your personal medical situation.
- In addition, we will obtain your medical records from your family doctor and receive clearance from your primary care doctor to assure that you are medically stable to have surgical weight loss. Psychiatric evaluations are required for all patients. We will put you in contact with a psychologist to receive an evaluation to assure you are prepared for the changes before and after weight loss surgery.
- You must visit a nutritional counselor prior to surgery to prepare you for the dietary changes you will encounter after surgery. Ongoing counseling will be available throughout your post-operative period. Some insurance carriers require a supervised weight-loss program be completed before approval can be obtained. We will notify you when this is required by your insurance. Monthly support groups are available before and after surgery. Studies have shown that patients that attend support groups have better outcomes after surgical weight loss than patients that choose not to attend support group.
- After receiving all required information, your information is submitted to your insurance carrier for review. This can take 30 business days to hear back from them for approval or denial. We will help you determine what your insurance carrier requires to be approved for surgery so that you can be prepared to submit your information to your insurance carrier. Discounted self-pay rates are available as needed. At this time we cannot offer payment plans. When approval is received from your insurance carrier, we begin the process of scheduling you for Pre-admission testing and any required education online or attendance at a class at the hospital.
- A hospital requirement exists stating that you meet with your surgeon within 30 days of surgery to ensure no changes in your medical health have occurred. Pre-admission testing at the hospital includes any lab work or tests needed along with any required education to prepare you for surgery. You will be instructed on how to prepare for the day of surgery, what to expect, and any other information required by the hospital.